Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Balloons and a bike ride


Last week we went to the mall to find the Nugget new running park {sneakers} tennis shoes. However, Stride Rite wasn't having a sale, and I refuse to pay $50 for a pair of shoes that'll be outgrown in 5 days!
We did have a wonderful time at the mall though.
All thanks to this little green balloon!




I couldn't decide which pic I liked more, so you get all three!!

The above balloon now seems like chopped liver compared to all the balloons at her friend Odin's birthday party a few days later...


Apparently, yellow tutus bring fun with balloons ;)


This week must have been named, "try new running paths week". Because that's what we did!

This first run was our first "trail" run. It was hilly and hard! I felt like we were in the middle of nowhere even thought we were in the middle of the city! My quads were screaming after 2.5 miles!



The next run, Hospitality Point, is a great path near the San Diego river before it spills into the ocean. I think I would've liked it better if the wind wasn't trying to blow us away!


Some of my darling running mamas!


Today we ran along a part of Mission Bay that I hadn't touched yet. It was {of course} gorgeous as the water sparkled in the sunlight!



In other exciting news...
The Nugget experienced her very first bike ride!! 
We took her to Lake Murray for the inaugural run and she had a wonderful time! It was a beautiful evening with lots of ducks along the path. 



We are now looking forward to exploring more places, on bike, as a family!!





No comments:

Post a Comment