Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Now that fall is finally here we can finally turn off our air conditioning...

I can honor the arrival of fall appropriately!
the way I've been wanting to!
it's what we all deserve!!!

It is now ok to indulge in pumpkin.
{It's NOT ok when it's 100 degrees...}

I decided my first pumpkin treat should be a muffin.

So I discovered this recipe and thought I'd try it.

Of course, being that I am ME, I altered it.
( I TRY to make things healthier so I can consume more!)




To make these delectable treats to enjoy all day,
you will need these ingredients:

Ingredients:

dry ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose ( I use un-bleached)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

wet ingredients
1/8 cup vegetable oil
2 cups (1 can) pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raw sugar
2 eggs

cream cheese ingredients
8oz cream cheese
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 egg yolk

Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
Combine the wet ingredients in your mixer bowl.
Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet until combined.



Divide the batter evenly into prepared cupcake tins.
(sprayed with oil or use liners)



Once divided, mix together cream cheese ingredients until combined.



Plop cream cheese on top of each uncooked muffin.



Use a knife or toothpick and mix/swirl the cream cheese with the batter.



Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.


Enjoy!




2 comments: