Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Smells like and Summer is here


Believe it or not, I did NOT fall off the face of the earth.
Apparently that's hard to do, considering it's a sphere?

Yes, we are still here!!



One of my favorite things the Nugget does as of late is smell things.
It all started when she smelled some sunscreen at the beach. I asked her what it smelled like.
Her response, "ORANGE!"
This made complete sense to me since the bottle was orange!

The next day she smelled a {blue} make-up bag.
Of course, her response to what it smelled like... "BLUE!!"

I know this window of smelling things, and responding to what color the item is won't last long.
 I'm trying to savor all the perfect, innocent fun that it is!



Another fun Nugget bit is her love of those silly monkey's that jump on the bed!
You know the song. And so does Nugget!
She goes around the house singing, "No monkey's jumping bed!" 
Occasionally she will prompt me to join by saying, "Doctor said!"

I'm officially marking this song as her current favorite!


^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^-----^^^^^

The good news is that we made it to the end of August before needing to pump the air conditioning.
The bad news is that it's so HOT and HUMID that we have to pump the air-conditioning!


This is actually very normal for southern California. It'll be super hot for the remainder of this month, through September, and most of October.

Getting up at 6am to run doesn't even cut it in this heat. 
However, I'll try my hardest not to slack off during these months. 

Maybe if I blog more, it'll keep me accountable. 
That, and I have a wonderful running buddy now too!

Sunday long run on Coronado Island

I'll leave you with one more picture of this cuteness before signing off.





Talk soon!!
XOXO


Is it hot where you live right now?




No comments:

Post a Comment