Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Key Lime Cookies

So I may have mentioned key lime cookies yesterday..



and they are just so delicious,
I thought I should share the recipe.





I made key lime pie bars for the hubs' birthday, and had leftover key limes!
So I searched for key lime COOKIE recipes and discovered this one,
which I tried to make healthier,
and more my style.



Recipe for Zesty Key Lime Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup key lime juice
2 tsp key lime zest
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup bread flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Process:

1. Mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and egg yolk.
4. Add key lime zest and juice, mix until combined.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to the bowl.
6. Once all the ingredients are combined, chill contents for about an hour in the refrigerator.


see the zest in the batter?


[this helps for easy ball formation.. if you can wait that long...]

7. Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment