Saturday, April 7, 2012

Awesome oat's in a cup!!

I really wanted oatmeal for an afternoon snack, but I didn't think it would transport well.

Then I remembered a recipe I had seen on Pinterest, and decided to modify the {feed 40 ppl} recipe and try it out.

These little oatmeal (muffins? cupcakes? biscuits?) bites turned out so good and I'm SO excited!
I can't wait to make more soon (since I've polished off most of them already <---yup that's how good they are!)
And the real kicker...
       THEY'RE HEALTHY!!!

Here's how I made my "awesome oat's in a cup"

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup natural applesauce
1/2 banana (mashed)
6 strawberries
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 1/2 cup oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP white sugar (optional)
2 TBSP brown sugar (optional)=

Directions:



Mix all ingredients together.
Pour evenly into sprayed muffin tin or cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Viola!
Awesome oat's in a cup!!



Some creative add in's I might try next time:
craisins
raisins
blueberries
mango
pumpkin puree (instead of applesauce)
chocolate chips



Easy on the go! (didn't need the fork)

1 comment:

  1. Like! Worth a try. Desperately in need of a breakfast modification.

    ReplyDelete