Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Screaming for smoothies

The past couple days,
my body has been screaming for ice cream smoothies!

It's a great way for me to get fruit and veggie nutrients.
{not to be redundant...}


This smoothie has baby romaine in it.
I don't like this type of green in a salad, the flavor isn't my fave.
However, it's nutritional value is phenomenal (duh!-it's a leafy green...)
so since we had it, I shall use it.

Smoothie #1
Baby blue-romaine 



Ingredients to be blended: 
(note: if you have extra large hands your smoothie may be extra large)

handful baby romaine
2 handfuls blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
4 mint leaves
splash OJ
splash water


The other smoothie was just as good as the first!
I love how the fruit masks the taste of any leafy green.
Not that I don't like spinach, I LOVE it!
But you know what I mean...

Smoothie #2
Mint Berry




Ingredients to be blended: 

handful spinach
handful frozen berry blend
half frozen banana
4 mint leaves
approx. 1/4 cup OJ

The final result of this smoothie looks identical to the above smoothie.



Enjoy!

Happy Tuesday!!

(Nugget reunited with her Baby Einstein jumper)



No comments:

Post a Comment