Wednesday, May 2, 2012

huevos rancheros

I mentioned yesterday how I made huevos rancheros for the hubs.

Sharing = caring...

...so I'm sharing my recipe with you! {because I care!}

Ingredients for ranchero sauce:
1/2 onion, chopped
1 serrano chili ( or 2 or 3, depending how spicy you are)
1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
1/2 orange pepper, chopped
1 can (28oz) chopped tomatoes
couple dashes cumin and garlic powder
a few cranks of pepper
a large dash of salt



Other ingredients to complete the huevos experience:
corn tortilla
eggs
black beans (any bean variety you like may work)
avocado (optional)

Process:
1. add onion and chili to a lubed up greased up  pan with a bit of oil, cook about 5 minutes
2. add the peppers and spices, cook another 5(ish) minutes
3. add the can of tomatoes, cover and simmer 20-30 minutes



4. When sauce is about halfway simmered...
     cook your eggs over easy, (medium or hard if you prefer).
5. Cook your beans (I warmed my up in a saucepan)
6. Warm up your tortillas (did mine in the oven so they would get kind of crispy)

Serve:
Place 2 eggs on top of 2 tortillas.
Top the eggs with plenty ranchero sauce.
Scoop beans on the side.
(top with avocado)





Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment